The event will take place on Saturday June 20 and will include the flamenco show “40 years with Paco Javier Jimeno”, the monologue by comedian Tony Rodriguez Cadiz and the screening of “La, La, Land, the city of stars”, among other activities. The III shopping night will also be organised, with promotions in local stores.
The City Council of Estepona announces that next Saturday, June 20, there will be a new edition of “La Noche en Blanco”. With this leisure event, which will be organized following all the recommendations of the health authorities, the program of cultural events organized by the Consistory for the summer season will begin.
The deputy mayor of the socio-cultural space, Begoña Ortiz, explained that this new edition of ‘La Noche en Blanco’, which will be dedicated to the ‘Stars’, will offer more than a dozen free cultural and leisure activities which will have a limited capacity to respond to the regulations and recommendations in force in the state of alert.
The objective of this event is that citizens come that night to the different enclaves of the city to enjoy the concerts and shows, but also to shop in the shops that will remain open until 02:00 in the morning.
In this regard, the city councilor in charge of culture, Macarena Diánez, indicated that Estepona was going to celebrate its third “Night of Shopping”. Can participate in this initiative all companies that wish to do so, without registration, so that establishments such as fashion, shoe and accessory stores, among others, can remain open until 02:00 a.m. and offer customers promotions and special discounts they consider, taking all the security measures recommended by the health authorities.
On the other hand, the neighbors will be able to go that night to the museums and municipal spaces dedicated to the historical and cultural heritage of the city such as the Archaeological Museum or the Casa de Las Tejerinas, which will remain open until 02:00 in the morning.
He also noted that among the shows scheduled for this year, we can mention the monologue by comedian Tony Rodriguez Cadiz, in the gardens of the Carmen Thyssen-Orquidario Carmen Thyssen Botanical Park, the Flamenco 40 years show with Paco Javier Jimeno on the ‘Avenida San Lorenzo, or the screening of “La, La, Land, the city of stars”, in the Felipe VI Auditorium, for which residents will download 400 tickets, with a maximum of six per person, using the QR code which includes the program.
With regard to concerts and shows, the City Council points out that, following health recommendations, the reception capacity will be limited to allow respect for safety distances. All people accessing each show must remain seated, according to the indications of the health authorities. Those interested will be able to access the various locations from one hour before the start of the performances.
In order to ensure compliance with all measures, the various events will be supervised by local police, civil protection and municipal staff.
THE NIGHT IN WHITE “THE STARS”.
– From 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. OPEN DAY in the Municipal Museums, the Roman Tower of Calle Villa, the Casa de Las Tejerinas and the Archaeological Museum, with guided tours every hour.
– From 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. III SHOPPING EVENING. Discounts and promotions in all establishments that wish to participate, without the need for prior registration.
– 20 hours. Guided tour of the ten works selected for the 2nd International Artistic Fresco Competition. The Route des Murales will start from Terraza Street, in front of the Orchidarium.
– 20 hours. Radio TV Estepona takes to the streets with the “STARS” contest. Prize: a batch of Iberian products, a Vital Toast toaster with XL slot and a Vital Juice lever electric juicer.
– 21 hours. Villa Street. Flamenco fashion show by Pepi Alonso. The legendary establishment in Estepona, directed by Rocío Tatiana Hormigo, presents the new trends in flamenco fashion and accessories for children, men and women. Limited number of places: 100 places.
– 22:30 hours. Auditorium Felipe VI summer cinema. Screening of “La Cité des étoiles La La Land”, a 2016 American drama and musical film, written and directed by Damien Chazelle. Limited capacity: 400 places.
– 20:00. Plaza Manilva. Classical, International Chamber Music Festival CIEC. String concert by the Duo Tobía, formed by Irina Yonkova (viola) and Javier Tuñón (double bass), who will perform a repertoire of works by H. Fryba, A. Vivaldi, WA Mozart, G. Faure, J. Albrechsberg and C Bach. Limited number of places: 50 places.
– 21 hours. Antonia Guerrero square. The group of adults from the theater workshop of the cultural delegation performs the play “Estrella-Dos”, and the group “Farándula” the play “Estrellita de San Juan”. Limited number of places: 75 places.
– 21 hours. Square ABC. Dance performance “Dancing with the Stars” by Martina Tessaro and her group. Limited number of places: 100 places.
– 22 hours. Botanical Park Gardens. orchidarium. Monologue by comedian Tony Rodríguez. Limited number of places: 150 places.
– 23:00. Ortiz Square. Show by the Malpaso group. They will perform versions of soundtracks. Limited number of places: 100 places.
– 23 hours. San Lorenzo Ave. Flamenco show “40 years with Paco Javier Jimeno”. Limited number of places: 400 places.